64-bit Dynamic AI

Support information related to MySQL Databases

64-bit Dynamic AI

Postby ypapadimitriou » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:44 pm

Hello,

I am trying to create a database connection between Dynamic AI and my 64-bit mySQL server on my 64-bit Windows 7 machine. When I press the 'Test Connection' button, I get the following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

If I understand correctly, this is due to the architecture inconsistency between the 32-bit Dynamic AI and the 64-bit mySQL server. Is there available a 64-bit installation for Dynamic AI? Any workaround?

Thank you in advance.
ypapadimitriou

Re: 64-bit Dynamic AI

Postby admin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi,

The way to resolve this is to install a 32 bit MySQL odbc driver (you can find it here http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connecto ... #downloads )

The 32 bit driver can co-exist with the 64 bit driver and the mysql server still operates at 64 bit - the only catch is that you will have a separate 32bit odbc administrator - it looks and works exactly like the 64 bit counterpart, but stores DSNs in a different part of the registry. You need to configure your DSNs in the 32bit version of the administrator for Dynamic AI to see them. If the client does not install a shortcut, you can access it from c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe

Ask again if you have any problems

Best regards

Bo Andersen
admin
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: 64-bit Dynamic AI

Postby ypapadimitriou » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Thank you Bo, that worked great!
ypapadimitriou

Return to MySQL