Error logging into the system on Windows Vista Home

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Error logging into the system on Windows Vista Home

Postby falinhares » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi, I installed Dynamic AI on a Windows Vista notebook and I was not able to make the system run and I get this screen:

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.

During DAIlogin 0000550 the Dynamic AI Server raised an error!

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

The Here link directs me to a microsoft site:

http://blogs.iis.net/thomad/archive/200 ... inful.aspx

Can anybody give me a clue on how to fix this?

Thanks.
falinhares

Postby admin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi,

I'll try to give you some hints based on assumptions.

You say you're running windows Vista Home.
Vista home comes in "basic" and "premium" editions. I assume you are running Home Premium, since Basic does not have an IIS web server.

If I am wrong, write again :)

The error message you get make me think that the IIS web server does not have full permissions on the folder where you installed Dynamic AI.

The way to solve this is to find the Dynamic AI folder on your computer (typically in c:\program files\dynamic ai)
right click the folder and pick security
give read and modify permissions to a user named IUSR.

That should do the trick.

more info:
during installation, you're asked if you run Internet Explorer or another browser. If you pick Internet Explorer, the installation attempts to configure IIS for "windows authentication", meaning that when you use Dynamic AI, you have access to the files that your windows user has access to. If you choose other browser, then when you use Dynamic AI, you have access to files on the permission level of a guest account called IUSR. This account has very few permissions per default, and the installation program attempts to grant that user permission to Dynamic AI's own files and nothing more.

Please ask again if this does not help

Best regards

Bo
admin
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby falinhares » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:27 pm

Bo,

My computer has the Visual Web Express Studio installed which includes IIS 7.0, so yes, my computer has it.

I've checked the dynamicai folder and saw that the IUSR user already got all permissions.

Do you have anything else to suggest?

Thanks,

Fernando
falinhares

Postby admin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Hi Fernando,

If you use Internet Explorer, you could try setting IIS up for using Windows Authentication instead of Anonymous Authentication.

Firefox and other browsers do not support that authentication scheme.

I am almost certaint that what you see is a security issue, but it can be tricky to locate the exact problem. A good way to start out is to verify that it indeed is a problem with permissions. You could (temporarily!!!) make the IUSR account a member of the Local Administrators group and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then we know that IUSR needs to be granted some sort of permission.

Couple of other questions..
As far as I can see, you originally installed back in July on a computer without IIS. Are you using the same pc still? If not, did you uninstall and then reinstall? You might try that if you did not already.
Can you check if the lcldnmc.dai file in the DAT folder has a check in the read only box? (and if it exists...)

you are welcome to email me screenshots of your configuration on
boa @ cintac.com

I know this gave you no definite answers, but I'm sure we can get you up and running

best regards
Bo
admin
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support