Problem with Dynamic SQL View and @PARn@

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Problem with Dynamic SQL View and @PARn@

Postby shearerg » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:28 am

Hi all,

With help from Mikkel, I've managed to generate presentable speed run charts for our machines and am now trying to go a little further. I'm now investigating prompted date entry using enforced filters and Dynamic SQL View with a parameter @PAR1@.

Enforced filtering works ok, except that, for example, to produce a run chart for a given day the user must enter 'from' and 'to' dates to restrict the data set, where as from the user perspective only the date of interest should be required.

Dynamic SQL View works fine for a simple query, but when I try using @PAR1@ it fails completely. Error message back from the database indicates it is being asked to consider 'select' as a table name which 'does not exist or is not owned by me'. When I remove 'select' from the query (what the heck!) the same error message is generated, but indicating that the first field name is being presented as a table name. Because of this error, testing of the parameter substitution hasn't been possible.

So, I assume this is a fundamental problem associated with the Ingres database ODBC driver which I will not be able to overcome ... but if someone has any other ideas or alternative approaches I could try, they would be greatly appreciated.

PS
Just put together a simple dynamic query which executes etc fine within the query editor .... but produces the same error outlined above when attempting to browse or set as the data source for a report? Any ideas?

Regards,
Greg Shearer
shearerg

Return to Technical Support