Error 403.9 after installation of Dynamic AI

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Error 403.9 after installation of Dynamic AI

Postby jar » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Hello,

I just installed the software and after the installation the program was started. I wanted to add a ODBC DB connection and after filling in the needed information (no user/password) the system hung. No response for 10 minutes.

I killed the browser proces (using opera) and tried to restart bij going to http://localhost/dynamic and then I get this error.

HTTP 403.9 - Toegang verboden: Te veel gebruikers
Internet Information Services

TRANSLATED : Access denied. Too many users.

This is on a local machine so it is unclear why this is happening. Do you have any clue ?

UPDATE 1 : I restarted my computer and it worked.... for 10 clicks and then the same. Is it correct that retrieving the tables takes a very long time. Other reporting tools take seconds on this ODBC DB but dynamic AI takes minutes (mayby longer but I killed the proces). Now a restart (again is needed).

UPDATE 2 : the demo is also working nicely. But as soon as I try to connect to my own DB it is end of story. Hanging (I let it go a half a hour but no response). Is is a 1.1 Gb AMD Sempron 3200+ so it should be OK.

Greetings,
Jar
jar

ODBC DB Connection

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi Jar,

First of all - sorry for the slow response to your question. For whatever reason your post of question did not show up when monitoring the support forum (we will look into the reason for that).

I agree that your machine setup should be absolutely fine for working also fast with Dynamic AI. I don't think that Dynamic AI is hanging for ½ hour - I believe it times out - and for whatever reason you don't get the error message (pop-up blocking in Opera or something).

The fact that you get the "Too many users" error in IIS after about 10 clicks sounds as if you start a new session every time - non-server installations of IIS has a 10 concurrent user limitation as I remember. This is not something that we usually have a problem with - it might be the combination of "hanging"/timing out on your ODBC with Opera.

Do you have a chance to try the same using IE (or Firefox)?

What type of database are you trying to connect to? What OS? Could it be a security permission issue to the ODBC datafiles (you might have to give specific access to your data-files to the IUSR_machinename user)? Which version of Opera?

Again sorry for the delay in our response! Hope we can help in getting this up and running for you!

best regards
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support