Safari session abandoned

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Safari session abandoned

Postby JeffKimmel » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:49 pm

All,

What does session abandoned ref=40 mean? I'm trying to use the report documentation to run reports outside DAI with the url links. This works fine for most browsers but does nt work for Safari. I'm trying to run this:

//Logout any other user (seems to work)
URL = "http://173.203.66.123/Dashboard/default.asp?FRW=99"
mydiv.innerHTML = ' <iframe src="' + URL + '" width="100%" height = "' + '200' + 'px"></iframe>'

//And then run my reprot:
URL = "http://173.203.66.123/Dashboard/ai.asp?UID=myUID&PW=myPass&DAI_R=1092"
mydiv.innerHTML = ' <iframe src="' + URL + '" width="100%" height = "' + '200' + 'px"></iframe>'

I've tried various things in Safari but no joy.

Thanks,

Jeff
JeffKimmel

Re: Safari session abandoned

Postby admin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi Jeff,

Do you happen to have Dynamic AI open in another safari window? If so, try to see if it also happens if you have just one safari window / tab running.. What are you running this inside - can you send an html page (boa@cintac.com) that shows this behavior? Also, do you have any plugins or other special config (cookies disallowed..)

Best regards,
Bo
admin
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby JeffKimmel » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Bo,

I sent the files in question over to you. To answer your questions:

1) I do not have another safari browser open. In fact, if I do have a browser open it picks up that DAI user instead of logging them off.

2) I sent the folder structure to you. In particular, the creatPods.js file is where the majority of the javascript work is done for this project.

3) I don' think I have anything special as far as settings are concerened. I just installed it & tried it on the i-pad & then on the windows version.

Thanks,

Jeff
JeffKimmel

Postby admin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks, I got the files and can confirm that I can reproduce on safari for mac.

Best regards
Bo
admin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Jeff,
I think this is your issue:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1019 ... fari-5-1-5

So, as I read this, Safari will not read the session cookie because it sees it as a 3rd party cookie.

I would assume that you could maybe test this by placing the html file on the same server as Dynamic ai resides (like put the folder you sent me in the INT6 folder and call
http://173.203.66.123/Dashboard/drivemsg/msg...htm

If the stackoverflow link brings you further (there is a solution I have not yet tried) let me know.

Best regards
Bo
admin

Postby JeffKimmel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Bo,

Awesome, that is it. Thanks for the help. Now on to the next issue, is Dynamic doing some kind of javascript/HTML mangling. If I now go to 173.203.66.123/messaging/messaging.htm it shows fine on Safari in the windows environment. When I show display it on the i-pad it displays fine quickly (for about a half-second or so, and then something happens & the grid & header just show a long line of 1 field. This looks like the raw string that I've created but I can't tell for sure.

thanks for all your help,

Jeff
JeffKimmel

Postby JeffKimmel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Bo,

I've checked some things in the header & it does look like the culprit is formatting of some sort. Having this in the header does not work:

'<Table Class=''DriverStatus DriverStatus' + Cast([DriverStatus] as varchar)+'''><TR><TD>' + [DriverName] + '</TD></TR></Table>'

While this does (to some extent):

'<Table'><TR><TD>' + [DriverName] + '</TD></TR></Table>'

It appears the the " is being replaced by &quot. I tried '' but that was replace with &apos. Is there a suitable workaround for this?

Thanks,

Jeff
JeffKimmel

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:34 am

Hi Jeff,

I assume that you see the conversion happening when on iPad. You are right that we do convert. I think you had a similar issue a while ago regarding url's. Can you send us (boa@cintac.com, cs@cintac.com) an example of the HTML that you output (view source output) - we might be able to create a column type that you can switch to that doesn't convert.

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Return to Technical Support