Dashboard - update 1 pod

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Dashboard - update 1 pod

Postby JeffKimmel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:34 pm

All,

I have the enclosed dashboard. I have a timer that fires off to check to see if there are new messages. When a driver has a new message it highlights like shown on the second report. When I click the link, it refreshes the report by calling the selnext(). This works OK but it refreshes all the pods & I would like it to only refresh the one report. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Jeff
Attachments
Chat dash.png
Chat dash.png (45.25 KiB) Viewed 27106 times
JeffKimmel

Re: Dashboard - update 1 pod

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi Jeff,

If you try setting the refresh interval on the individual report in the package -you might be able to just call the refresh function for the list.

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby JeffKimmel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Carsten,

Thanks for the advice. I think there's a problem with the refresh interval bit. When I set it, it re-runs all the reports as expected but it sets all the reports to the same driver. See the enclosed file for what I'm talking about. I'm using the multi-run report trick. I'm also assuming you are talking about the following functions for the refresh:

ACallfl15480111585486();
ACallfl25480111585486();

Will these name ever change & if so, is there a way I can tell what they are in the javascript code? And to kind of re-state the problem above, when I call these functions it refreshes the expected report but it uses the wrong driver.

Thanks,

Jeff
Attachments
After Refresh.png
After Refresh.png (28.45 KiB) Viewed 27092 times
JeffKimmel

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi Jeff,

I wasn't aware of the use of multi-run. You are right that the ACall.... function would not take the multi-run into account. Multi-run originated in creating a package of reports for n number of customers / companies etc. especially for print-reports - and therefore it hasn't been used previously for individual report refreshes. I think unfortunately that if you need refresh on a multi-run the only real option is "selnext" which you already used initially with the disadvantage that everything refreshes...

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby JeffKimmel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Carsten,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to tackle this a different way.

Jeff
JeffKimmel

Return to Technical Support