controlling access to drill down data

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

controlling access to drill down data

Postby cjbates » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Bob,

Is there a way to restrict certain users from being able to get to the Detail section of the Report? We want to be able to give users access to see the grouping totals for all agencies, regardless of RAA_ID, but we dont want to be able to give them the ability to view the details. I know there is a condition that can be set to restrict a user to only see their RAAID data using an alias, but Im not seeing if there is a way to apply this to different sections of the report. If this is is an option, can you please send me in the right direction?

Thanks
Cynthia
cjbates

Re: controlling access to drill down data

Postby Bob Cergol » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Cynthia,

If you just want to not allow any details to be seen you could not have any, i.e. you don't have to add columns to the details tab in report design. If no details are defined then there is no detail to drill down to beyond the final grouping level. I guess this could work....

OR, maybe using "roles" would be a solution. Roles are similar to alias except they filter data by columns instead of by rows. The logic for roles is if you check the role A check box for a data column on the enforced filters page in data dictionary maintenance, and the user has "role a" checked in their user profile, then that column will be hidden in any report using that column and built on that data source. Users that don't have their "role a" checked will be able to see that column when used.

Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support