Reports dont run automatically when dashboard loads

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Reports dont run automatically when dashboard loads

Postby cjbates » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi Bob,

New problem on one of my dashboard packages. I have 3 reports that use the same filters, but when the dashboard loads, only the first report "runs". The dafault values are set correctly, but the user must click the Go button before the second and third reports display data. Is there some setting in the report itself that I need to check to have it automatically run?

They run fine when run directly from the report.

Thansk
Cynthia
Attachments
DAIFilters.png
DAIFilters.png (95.14 KiB) Viewed 23572 times
cjbates

Re: Reports dont run automatically when dashboard loads

Postby Bob Cergol » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Cynthia,

Are the columns being used by the filters in all three reports identical?

What is the filter preference scope setting on the reports? (found on options tab in rpt. design)

Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby cjbates » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi Bob,

I tried creating a new dashboard with those 3 reports and it still does not run without clicking Go. I will give you a call on Friday am.

Thanks
Cynthia
cjbates

Postby Bob Cergol » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:54 pm

For folks at Cintac, fyi ....

Today I looked at this dashboard and all 3 reports were built on the same data source. The filters were defined the same in all three reports, and all 3 reports had filter preference scope set to "local".
When running the dashboard the 2nd two reports show a filter value of 0 for RAA ID (see screenshot in original message), whereas the 1st report is show information for an actual value on that filter but does not show the filter in the report itself as do the others.(???) Clicking "go" refreshes the 2nd & 3rd reports correctly. I can't see a reason for the problem!

Cynthia -- any chance you use an @Alias in a fixed condition on the first report? Or as a default filter value? -- and you don't use that alias in the other two reports? Might be something to check, and if that is the case, make the use of the alias the same in all 3 reports.

Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support