Hiding totals in Details

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Hiding totals in Details

Postby cjbates » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Why is the Asst Payment Total displayed in my detail listing when I drill down, even though I have checked the box to hide it? Thanks
Cynthia
Attachments
dynamiaidrilldowntotal.png
dynamiaidrilldowntotal.png (106.58 KiB) Viewed 31970 times
cjbates

Re: Hiding totals in Details

Postby Bob Cergol » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Cynthia,

I think the AsstPymnt column is hidden. What you see is the total column (avg) that Dynamic AI auotmatically includes on all drill down levels. If you uncheck the hide, do you get two columns?

bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby cjbates » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:22 pm

You are correct. Then how to I get the Asst. Payment AVG column to be hidden when I am drilled down to my data set?
cjbates

Postby Bob Cergol » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:16 pm

If I understand you correctly you want to show totals at the group level but not at the detail level.
That's not how the software is designed to work. It is designed to always show you what is behind a total. It is a basic concept to the idea of drill-down on totals. That column is exposed for the entire drill-down path or entirely hidden for the full drill-down path. I supposed Cintac could create a method to separately flag the total columns hidden at the final detail level, but in my opinion it doesn't make sense to do that.

Why is this an issue?

Bob
Bob Cergol

Postby Bob Cergol » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:20 pm

P.S. There is possibly a way to hide the totals at the detail level by modifying a style sheet and setting the color properties to white on white or maybe the "visibility state" property. I would have to study it. Maybe Bo has some quick guidance. (not sure he's back from vacation though!)
Bob Cergol

Postby cjbates » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi Bob,

This is not a big issue, but just something that doesnt make sense to me. If you look at the example I sent you, the detail is a list of each record that was selected. Something like Average implies multiple records....the value displayed is correct, e.g. the Average Assistance Payment for this tenant is = to their assistance payment, but it doesnt make sense to display it as it is an average of one record....

Cynthia
cjbates

Postby Bob Cergol » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Its just another total to Dynamic AI and all totals are presented at the detail level. I guess a count-type total is similar, i.e. you'll see a 1 on every detail row, that makes up the total count in the higher level total used to drill down from.
bob
Bob Cergol

Return to Technical Support