Calculating formulas across rows-data parameters are text

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Calculating formulas across rows-data parameters are text

Postby WStansbury » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Pls see attached word document

I have created a table that shows the number of favorable decisions (FAV), On-The-Record favorable decisions (OTR), partially favorable decisions (PFV) and unfavorable decisions (UNF). The name of the field is called Decision and contains the text parameters I just described above.

I have created a key figure (2012 Win Rate) using the following formula:
(([[RECNUM@COU::DECISION==FAV]]+[[RECNUM@COU::DECISION==OTR]]+[[RECNUM@COU::DECISION==PFV]])/[[RECNUM@COU]])*100

Now I want create monthly Win Rates but when I click on the small white extension box of the column and apply the same methodology it does not work and it puts an additional column after every decision column.

The last screenshot in the attached file will show you what I want.

I guess I just wish that the column extension box had the same capability as the key figure extension box.
Last edited by WStansbury on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WStansbury

Re: Calculating formulas across rows-data parameters are tex

Postby Bob Cergol » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi Wayne,

I've sent you an example of what I think you might be looking for. You can use the "running column" options in the "totals" section on the "list options" tab page to achieve various "pct. of" results.

When adding a total, the fact that it shows up in each column grouping is expected and correct behavior. Totals are applied to groupings -- whether a row or column grouping.

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support