Line Graph of One Column

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Line Graph of One Column

Postby WStansbury » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:29 pm

I have the table shown in the attached file

I want to create a line graph of the 'OPENED' column vs. the 'Percent Acknowledged' column

I use the HC line graph option but it plots all three columns

Also, do you have a tutiorial on how to create custom graphs?

Thanks in advance for your help
Attachments
per_ack.xlsx
(196.17 KiB) Downloaded 1169 times
WStansbury

Re: Line Graph of One Column

Postby Bob Cergol » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi Wes,

At this time you can't customize the interactive chart types -- the "HC" charts (High Charts) unless you learn Javascript and a lot of High Charts internals. Future versions of Dynamic AI will improve in this regard.

However, you can do very extensive customizations of the Tcharts. There isn't a tutorial on this -- but its not too hard to experiment. The attached is an example of intelligence showing 10 totals, of which only 3 are charted. To edit charts you have to have the "chart output" type in your user profile set to "TChart Active X". (Dan can do this for you.) Then when you hover your mouse over the chart or slightly below the "edit" buttons appear and expose the extensive design interface for the charts. You have to save your edits "as" a new chart type -- and then choose that chart for your report.

Alternatives to this would be building your report on an SQL view that can calculate your percent acknowledged but that gets complicated....

By the way -- you don't have to format the date as MM when using it as a count total -- though there's nothing wrong with doing so.

Regards,
Bob
Attachments
Graph_Total_Selection_Example.png
Graph_Total_Selection_Example.png (46.44 KiB) Viewed 20248 times
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support