Publish report to custom group

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Publish report to custom group

Postby cavillafuerte » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:37 pm

I have created a group and added users to this group. I now want to share a report I have created with only this specific group but when I look on the drop down list for User-Group, I don't see the group I have created. I only see the default groups (Administrator, Administration, Developers, Everyone, Users). How do I publish the report to the custom group I have created?
cavillafuerte

Re: Publish report to custom group

Postby Eddy Kleinjan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi,

In Dynamic AI the right to share a report with a group is a right that a user should explicitly have. You can give that right to a user by going to the user account, go to the groups tab, and add the user to the list that you will find on your right hand side. This lists the groups that the user is allowed to share with.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Eddy Kleinjan
Eddy Kleinjan
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby cavillafuerte » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Thank you. That did it!
cavillafuerte

Postby Bob Cergol » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:08 am

Hi Carlos,

Don't make the mistake I seem to always do...

I'll add new groups -- and forget to add them to my user profile as groups that I can then assign reports to! -- then in report design -- those groups fail to show up in the list of available user groups -- and I'll scratch my head -- until I remember! Details, details.... :-)

Just because you created the group and are an administrator doesn't mean you automatically become a member of that group -- or that it is one of the groups you can assign to. (Two separate things!)

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support