Wainting mouse pointer

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Wainting mouse pointer

Postby jollt » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Hello,
is there any way to have a waiting mouse pointer (or a clock, or any thing else) when the reports are long to show up?
I get some reports which take 1 minute to load, but as the is no specific indication, the user think it's not working.

Thanks
jollt

Re: Wainting mouse pointer

Postby Bob Cergol » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi,

It's not exactly true that there is no indication. The "GO" button becomes shadowed while Dynamic AI is waiting for the results from the server and un-shadowed once the HTML is sent to the browser.

The exception to this is that when selecting the report from the menu -- the "GO" button is not shadowed. In the case where a report takes more than 10 or 20 seconds to "pop" to the screen -- I personally think it is "best practice" to check the "display 1st page blank" setting on the options tab in design so that the user must click the "go" button, and then clearly knows what is happening. They will see the message after clicking on a report: "Apply your parameters and press Go."

I will agree with you that this is a very subtle visual cue for the user -- and an improvement would be if a message panel were displayed -- or some other visual object -- as is the case in some other places when working in Dynamic AI.

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support