Dynamic Image

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Dynamic Image

Postby jollt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Hello,

we provide for one of our client a report regarding the property values of its subsidiary.
When we call this report, we specify one subsidiary so we provide the data only for the chosen subsidiary.

Is there any possibility to show in the report a specific image (on the header or on a style for exemple) regarding which subsidiary is taken? This url of this image can be find on a data of the result of the sql request for exemple.

For the moment we change the style of the report and specify on the field "logo gif " of this style which image to use.

the only solution I can think of for the moment is to duplicate the report, change the style for each one, and detect on my application which subsidiary is called to open its report.

Thanks, regards,

Jérôme
jollt

Re: Dynamic Image

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi Jerome,

There's no need to clone the report.

I'll defer to Bo on how it might be possible to insert a different image name at run time, but one way for sure you could do this is to clone the style sheet for each case where a different image is needed -- and specify the desired image in each style sheet. Then when you call the report you can specify which style sheet should be used.

In the URL: &LISTSTYLE=# where # = numeric ID of style sheet with the desired image.

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby jollt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 pm

OK, thanks bob, I'll try that and let you know.

Regards,

Jérôme
jollt

Postby jollt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Bob,

do you know if there is the same possibility to dynamicaly change the name of the report, with &report_name=... for exemple?

I have a report presenting statistics about risks regarding an historical date. My report has always the same name (Historic Risk Group By Gravity) but I do not have any information regarding the choosen date (and I do not want a nex column with only this date).

Thanks,

Jérôme
jollt

Postby Bob Cergol » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Jerome,

There isn't any provision for changing the title output on the report on the fly -- except as you might specify in the report style sheet where you can choose to output a header and/or footer, and define the literal constant value for each.

There might be some clever, low level way to conditionally inject HTML into the page based on variable data but Bo, Mikkel, or Eddy would have to comment on that.

There is a capability called "redirected filters" -- a rather convoluted method of passing variable data into the report's "About/Report Header" -- that could be used to create a header for the report. I can send you an example of that via email. I'm not sure its the solution you're looking for. It's something you might do if you wanted to create a "business form" type or report such as an invoice, or purchase order.

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support