Bug with dashboard?

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Bug with dashboard?

Postby jollt » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:28 am

hello,

I have 2 reports based on HC Pie and some specific Rules concerning the colors (in the Rules tab) :

When I link those reports into a dashboard, the setting of the color is not respected :
(look at the right pie)

Is it a bug or do I miss some setting in the dashboard?

Thanks
jollt

Re: Bug with dashboard?

Postby admin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:46 am

Hi Jérôme,

Since we do not at the moment support several different styles within one dashboard, all dashboard items load with the standard style. Also, javascript rules on individual reports are not supported. This may change in the future, but I can't give you a date right now.

Maybe your best solution in this case, is to go with the 2 pies in one image approach.

Best regards

Bo
admin
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby jollt » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Bo,

unfortunatly, the solution you mention in my other post ("multiple pie chart on same report") does not work with the HC Pie model, as this model cannot be edited.
And if I do not use the HC Pie Model, I cannot decide which colors need to be used :-(

The report I try to create is to see betwween 2 separates pie the evolution of the risk priorisation from a year to another, and I need also to have a specific color for each level of priorisation.

The sql statement send back the following datas

Code: Select all
RIS_NAME     PRIORISATION YEAR N-1     PRIORISATION YEAR N
R1                  1                            1
R2                  2                            1
R3                  1                            2
R4                  3                            1
R5                  3                            3
R6                  3                            3
R7                  2                            1

1st pie : Priorisation 1 : 2 risks
            Priorisation 2 : 2 risks
            Priorisation 3 : 3 risks

2nd pie : Priorisation 1 : 4 risks
            Priorisation 2 : 1 risks
            Priorisation 3 : 2 risks

For the moment, If I do understand correctly, if i do not use HC Pie, I can have those 2 pies on the same report, but without the specific color.
if I use HC Pie, I have the specific color, but I cannot have 2 pies on the same report, and if i use a dashbord the specific colors are not used.

Is there any other solution I can try (by the way, I work with the 6.4.31 version)?

Thanks,

Regards,

Jérôme
jollt

Postby jollt » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:11 am

Hi Bo,

any suggestion on my problem?

Best regards,

Jérôme
jollt

Postby Bob Cergol » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Jerome,

Have you considered creating a single report that compares the risk by catergory year over year?

In other words add a column grouping on year showing risk by category across multiple years. This can then be graphed in a single graph.

In fact Dynamic AI makes it really easy to show year-over-year comparisons and automatically calculate the percentage change. Just add a filter on year to your existing report and specify for search type one of the compare options from the drop down choices. For the default filter value, select Last,This Year.

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol

Postby admin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi Jérôme,

I don't know if this will help you, but it might. It is a hack and you need to understand that you will modify a file that will be overwritten the next time you upgrade Dynamic AI. It is a way to change the default colors of the highcharts type charts.

If you look open the file (assuming standard folder structure)
c:\program files\Dynamic AI Server\INT6\Images\hc\highcharts213.js

and search for "Sa={colors"
you will find:
Sa={colors:["#4572A7","#AA4643","#89A54E","#80699B","#3D96AE","#DB843D","#92A8CD","#A47D7C","#B5CA92"]

This defines the default colors the Highcharts pies (and all other HC charts) use.

You can edit these colors to match your desired color scheme, and this will take effect also on dashboards.

But: backup your .js file first
admin

Postby jollt » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Hello Bo,

I just try your solution but it's not working :-( The HC Pie seems to not use the new file.
Do I have something else to do?
Thanks
Jérôme
jollt

Postby jollt » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Heel Bob
Bob Cergol wrote:In other words add a column grouping on year

and thank you for your answer.
I cannot see how your exemple is working. As all my past and present data are on the same line, I cannot group them by date.

Regards,

jérôme
jollt

Postby Bob Cergol » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:45 am

Hi Jerome,

Hmmm, maybe I'm not understanding your data. I thought this would be pretty simple.

I had in mind you would create a column grouping on year (date) and a row grouping on the risk category, but if you don't have a date on each row then of course you can't group on any date value. I thought in an earlier post you said you had dates or implied you did by virtue of saying you had made a report like that but couldn't get it to create separate graphs . I'll have to reread this thread from the beginning. I'm travelling and its quite late so I'll have another look tomorrow.

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol

Postby jollt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:16 am

Hi Bob,

at the beginning of this post you can see the structure of the data I get from my sql query : one line for each risk with a column with past value and one column with present value.

Thanks,

regards,

Jérôme
jollt

Postby jollt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:37 am

Hello,

I just think about another method to have my two reports in the same screen : include them into an html page using the <OBJECT> tag.

Here is the code of my html page :
<html>
<head>
   <META HTTP-EQUIV='Content-Type' CONTENT='text/html>      
   <title>Maris</title>
</head>

<body >
   <OBJECT data = "http://mysite.com/ai6/ai.asp?DAI_R=1084&UID=toto&PW=titi" type = "text/html" width="150px" height='200px'></OBJECT>
   <OBJECT data = "http://mysite.com/ai6/ai.asp?DAI_R=1092&UID=toto&PW=titi" type = "text/html" width="150px" height='200px'></OBJECT>
</body>
</html>

http://screencast.com/t/F3d4vun5m4uy
AS you can see in the following short video, the reports are shown on the page and then disapear.

Do you have any suggestion on this?

Thanks a lot,

best regards,

Jérôme
jollt

Postby jollt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 am

YES!! It's working with <IFRAME> tag!!
The user have to use horizontal and vertical scrollbar and the filter do not affect both report as in the DAI Dashboard, but we get the collect color and the development of each report is quite easy (depending on the report :-) )

Is there any possibility to resize the iframe content (not the iframe itself) so the scrollbar can be hidden?

When I call the DAI report (http://mysite.com/ai6/ai.asp?DAI_R=1092...) can I specify any width and heigth parameter?

Thanks,
best regards,

Jérôme

jollt

Postby jollt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:58 pm

The answer to my question is YES, we can zoom the iframe content, using the... Zoom setting :-)

here is the code :
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">
<html>
   <head>
      <title></title>
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
      <style type="text/css">
         iframe {
               zoom:74%;
               }
      </style>
   </head>

<body >
      <IFRAME src="http://mysite.com/ai6/ai.asp?DAI_R=1084&UID=toto&PW=titi" width="50%" height="100%" />
      <IFRAME src="http://mysite.com/ai6/ai.asp?DAI_R=1092&UID=toto&PW=titi" width="50%" height="100%" />
   </body>
</html>

Here is the result :
jollt

Postby admin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi Jérôme,

You have had a busy day :) I am glad that you found a way and thanks for sharing with the rest of us

Bo
admin

Return to Technical Support