How does drill down list works?

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

How does drill down list works?

Postby jollt » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:02 am

Hello,

I get a report with list of risks regrouped by Frequency.
When I click on one of the frequency I get a list with the details of the risks.
The problem is that I have the full list, and not only the list of the risks linked to the chosen frequency.

On this exemple I click on Frequency 5. and want to have a list of 3 risks :

As you can see, I get more than 3 risks.

I get another report with exactly the same data but regrouped by Priority. Is there any possibility to have the same drill down list in both reports (for exemple link the drill down to another report) ? (for the moment, the drill down lists are defined by the Details tab in the List window)

Thanks a lot,

best regards,

Jérôme
jollt

Re: How does drill down list works?

Postby Bob Cergol » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi Jerome,

What edition and verson of Dynamic AI are you using?

My experience with all drill-downs is that they behave the way you want, i.e. only the rows comprising the total or grouping you click on are returned in the next drill-down level.

What happens if you click on the various totals in the pivot table?

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: How does drill down list works?

Postby admin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi Jérôme,

First of all, sorry Bob - I had written a response to this post, but must not have sent it.

If you click on the total (3) and select Show SQL, you will see that the drilldown appended the frequency=5.... criteria to the where statement. Your sql still returns more rows because your total is a sum, and some of the zero values are included in the sum.

The other part of the question: Can you drill to a different report? Yes - you must create a relation (in databases / new / relation). You may have to point the source table/view to itself.
After this, in the first design tab (general), you can see related reports in the "drill to.." section.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Bo
admin
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support