Page cannot be displayed message...

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Page cannot be displayed message...

Postby phil2011 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi All,

I installed Dynamic AI personal edition and it works quite well. Well, except that at some moments, suddenly I receive a "webpage cannot be displayed" screen... I run the application locally on an excel sheet and Access database just to try out the tool... So, URL is http://localhost:81/ and using Quickweb service delivered at installation.
Anyone knows what would be the reason of this instability?
When I shut down and restart the PC, it works again.. Until next abend..

Thanks for your reactions!
P.
phil2011

Re: Page cannot be displayed message...

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Sun May 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi P,

Thanks for your interest in Dynamic AI!

We have had some issues in the past - that I believe was resolved - are you on the most recent 6.4.15 version? The latest version - if relevant - is available from www.dynamicai.com.

If you are interested in evaluating - we also offer trial server editions with all features available. You are welcome to contact me if you are interested!

Best regards,
Carsten
cs@cintac.com
Carsten Sørensen
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Postby phil2011 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:01 am

Hi Carsten,
Thank you for your reply and proposal. I might explore the server edition in the future too. I'll get in contact at that moment.
Currently I am doing some tests with the personal edition and first want this edition to run smootly on my PC.. I am currently looking into Microsoft Internet Information Server IIS 5, licence fee and install procedure..
I noticed I receive the "page cannot be displayed" message when I try to create a report...
phil2011

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Mon May 09, 2011 9:53 am

OK - IIS should be stabile also for personal edition.
Carsten Sørensen

Postby phil2011 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks.
Currently looking for the download resource for IIS... I am a little confused re what exactly I should download and install (minimal for Dynamic AI function...)
phil2011

Postby admin » Wed May 18, 2011 7:24 am

Hi Phil,

You do not really need to download anything to get IIS. It is included on your Windows cd/dvd, and is not available as a download from Microsoft.

How to start the installation process depends on your Windows version. If you go to control panel / add/remove programs (or just programs) / add/remove windows components, you will have an option to install Internet Information Services.

When you do, make sure you check the option called ASP under the Development (not on XP), it will check other necessary options.

I'd be happy to provide more detail, but I'll need your windows version/edition.

Best regards

Bo
admin

Return to Technical Support