Slow to change report Category and Group

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Slow to change report Category and Group

Postby shearerg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:10 am

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can tell me if there is a quick method for changing report Category and Group fields for a group of reports. When trying to develop a good menu structure it is often needed to change either/both of these fields.

The only method I've found so far is to edit the fields individually for each report, but this is very tedious when the change is required for a several reports or for the entire list. I suspect there must be a more efficient way. If someone can offer advice it would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Greg Shearer
shearerg

Re: Slow to change report Category and Group

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:05 am

Hi Greg,

This used to be an option in previous versions of Dynamic AI - however no-one ever used it and it has been "depreciated". Will probably find it's way into Dynamic AI again sometime as it is a fair request.

What is not trivial about it - is that multiple report changes obviously will have to take individual (and different) author rights into considerations (even when reports are in the same category/group) as well as the version history/design or rename changes should be fully reflected in the version history of each individual report - which the current - although one-by-one - methodology fully support.

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support