Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Can't graph figures of interest

Postby shearerg » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:52 am

Hi,

I have a report which appears as below:

ScreenShot099.jpg
ScreenShot099.jpg (46.11 KiB) Viewed 7834 times

The only columns of interest are 'Attended' and '24x7'. Columns 'runatrate', 'minattend' and 'mintotal' are only required to produce the 'Attended' and '24x7' calculated columns. However, I'm unable to produce a graph which contains the two columns of interest. Even though I generally hide the additional columns ... they continue to appear in the line graph I've specified, as below:

ScreenShot100.jpg
ScreenShot100.jpg (26.59 KiB) Viewed 7834 times

Is it possible for me to configure the graph to show me the data I'm interested in, as the data being displayed is necessary .... but of no interest graphically.

Regards,
Greg Shearer
shearerg

Re: Can't graph figures of interest

Postby shearerg » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:57 am

As soon as I submitted this question I realised that the columns of interest were being displayed, but scaling meant that they could not be seen. So my question now becomes:

How can I remove the columns which are of no interest from consideration by the graph object?

Greg Shearer
shearerg

Postby shearerg » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:42 am

Hi,

I managed to obtain the graphs via a little fudge ... by dividing the unwanted data by 100000. This still (apparently) leaves enough precision to generate the calculations of interest, but greatly reduces their magnitude so that they no longer swamp the values of interest.

ScreenShot104.jpg
ScreenShot104.jpg (24.41 KiB) Viewed 7831 times

Works for me! Although a more configurable solution would be preferred :wink:
shearerg

Postby Mikkel Jensen » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Greg

In the Dynamic AI Server Edition it's easy to change a system graph template and save it as new template. In IE simply click [Edit] below the graph and in then you will be able to deselect series of no need. Save the template with a new name and select the new one in design of the report.

Regards,

Mikkel
Mikkel Jensen

Postby shearerg » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi Mikkel and thanks for the reply.

I know I should be able to define new graph templates, but I can't see any way of doing this in my installation. Perhaps that is because I am using a trial licence for evaluation purposes. Under Administration->Styles->Graph Templates there are no entries, and I assume this is where you would normally find the system defined templates to modify ... or am I missing something?

With the report running or in design mode I haven't seen any opportunity to customize graph behaviour. Please let me know if I've overlooked something.

Regards,
Greg Shearer
shearerg

Postby Mikkel Jensen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 am

Hi Greg

You need to run the report in IE and have the graph output set to TChart ActiveX (on the user profile)

When holding mouse over the chart you will see an "Edit" appear below the graph.

Regards,
Mikkel Jensen
Mikkel Jensen

Postby shearerg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi again Mikkel.

Thanks so much for that advice .... it works a treat!!
I don't recall seeing a reference to this technique in the documentation, but I'll have another look.
I'm glad you could help.

Thanks again,
Greg Shearer
shearerg

Return to Technical Support