hidden totals effect behavior of expand + object

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

hidden totals effect behavior of expand + object

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri May 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

The ability for the user to expand / contract the report groupings for all data displayed on the current page with a single click on the + / - box just above the column titles is a very useful feature and I plan certain aspects of a report based on its availability.

Since I've started using key figures I now find myself hiding plus columns that exist solely for the purpose of supplying values in key figure formulas. Unfortuanately, it appears that as soon as you hide total column this feature stops working and you have to expand / contract each individual group.

I want to open the report like this, but I want to hide all the yellow-highlighted columns on the right. I want to allow the user to expand all the groups in one click.
Expand_Active.gif
Expand_Active.gif (23.04 KiB) Viewed 4517 times

Here's what the report would look like fully expanded with the hidden columns. But in this case you can't expand it with one mouse click. The expand/contract button (yellow-highlighted) is inactive, even though the cursor does change to a hand when hovering over it. The individual groups can be expanded/collapsed one at a time.
Expand_Not_Active.gif
Expand_Not_Active.gif (36.81 KiB) Viewed 4517 times

Separately -- I have just come to appreciate the really nice feature of the on-screen, point-and-click key figure total creation. Very cool! Makes my life easier. I don't have to go blind over getting the syntax just perfect by manually typing the correct names of the totals, etc. (Thanks Carsten!)

Cheers,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: hidden totals effect behavior of expand + object

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Mon May 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi Bob,

I believe the collapse expand behavior with hidden columns is having a bug. We will look into it and get back.

Thanks for reporting it!

Best regards
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Re: hidden totals effect behavior of expand + object

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:37 am

Hi Bob,

We were able to reproduce thanks to your examples! It's fixed for the next version. We'll make that available shortly!

Thanks again for reporting and documenting this!

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Return to Technical Support