side effect of existing key figure definitions

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

side effect of existing key figure definitions

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri May 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've begun using key figure calculated columns recently and have encountered a problem: Once a key figure column exists, attempting to define any additional plus columns results in that new column's formula and data type reverting to type "key figure" with the formula of what ever happens to be the last key figure column in the list.

Here's a new plus column I'm about to add. I've copied the formula from another existing plus column to guarantee I've not made any typing mistakes.
New_Plus_Column.gif
New_Plus_Column.gif (6.51 KiB) Viewed 4326 times

When I click the "add new" button, the page refreshes, and I find my newly added column at the bottom of the list as shown here.
Saved_Plus_Column.gif
Saved_Plus_Column.gif (5.8 KiB) Viewed 4326 times

I am using version 6.4.12 and have not defined key figures in previous versions so I can't say this behavior is new to this version.

The workaround is that I have to delete the key figures I've defined. Then I can add additional plus columns I need. Once I'm sure I have all those I need, then I can define my key figure columns. When adding a new key_figure column it will keep the formula I entered.

I love the ability to define these key figures. It will enable me to do some custom report footer calculations we need.

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: side effect of existing key figure definitions

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri May 21, 2010 9:07 pm

The good news here is that on-screen, point-and-click, formula editor makes it very, very easy to recreate the key figures in case I decide I need some new plus column. Using it just now to do just that put a big smile on my face! See --> :mrgreen:

I've also discovered these key figures "follow" the drill downs. How cool is that! But of course, that's the way all the totaling works so I should expect that and not be surprised. .... doesn't make me any less impressed!

Bob
Bob Cergol

Re: side effect of existing key figure definitions

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:04 am

Hi Bob,

Thanks once again for reporting this - you are right that the bug occurs when a Keyfigure has been defined before the +Col type formulas. This happens in the Design List tab only - from the "point-and-click" interface you should be ok.

The bug is fixed and will be available shortly with the next build.

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Return to Technical Support