Global Setting: Alias#RequiredOnUser

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Global Setting: Alias#RequiredOnUser

Postby Bob Cergol » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi,

I came across this in the documentation:
E.g. when the “forced-filter” alias method is used across the dictionary, it is recommended to set the global settings ALIASxREQUIREDONUSER in order to enforce that accounts must be set with specific alias values to be valid.

No further explanation or examples did I find, but my interpretation is that I would create an system parameter like this:
System_Parameters.gif
System_Parameters.gif (9.17 KiB) Viewed 4643 times

I then tested removing the Alias1 value in an existing user and saving. I was able to do so without error or warning. I also tried logging out and back in, in case this global setting had to be refreshed to take effect. Alias1 is set to an enforced filter and, for some users, applies a bundle value prefix. (I also tested making the key type of the parameter "T/F" as I saw an example elsewhere in the docmentation for "SHOWDAIKEYS".)

How is this parameter supposed to be setup and what precisely should I expect it to do?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: Global Setting: Alias#RequiredOnUser

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi Bob,

The alias required should work from the Alias Tab in System setup in Administration. The documentation isn't sufficiently updated on that matter - I will check up on that.

Please try the option on the Tab - and let me know if that isn't working out for you. You don't have to set up bundles for this option to work. A checkbox in Alias1 Required will require that the users accounts are having an entry in the alias1 to be able to login.

Best regards,
Carsten
Attachments
aliasreq2.jpg
aliasreq2.jpg (31.11 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
aliasreq.jpg
aliasreq.jpg (139.01 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
Carsten Sørensen

Re: Global Setting: Alias#RequiredOnUser

Postby Bob Cergol » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:51 am

Hi Carsten,

I had previously checked the "required" box when I first defined the Alias1 bundle.

I tested this for the user account that would use this bundle. If I blank the alias1 value and test logging in as that user, DAI gives an invalid user/password error -- not the message you show. Putting the alias1 value back the user account works as expected.

Bob
Bob Cergol

Return to Technical Support