Scheduled Email Delivery

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Scheduled Email Delivery

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi,

I am setting up a scheduled email of a report collection. I have entered a password for the DAI "AGENT" user. I have verified the AIMON.INI file points to the correct DAI URL and "out" folder. However the docs state:
Scheduled delivery requires that the technical user named AGENT is present in the system.
The agent is controlled with AIMON.ini. This file must be edited to reflect the URL of the system and the password chosen for the AGENT user.
Agent file that must be started: DAIAGENT.exe (start with a windows schedule)
A file named DAIAgent_ALERT is produced if the agent has problems.
A file named DAIAgent_LOG documents the response from the DAI server.

Am I really supposed to enter the AGENT password in the .ini file? What is the syntax for doing so?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: Scheduled Email Delivery

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Duh... Never mind, I just noticed the sample syntax in the file.
Bob Cergol

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Different question:

Does the scheduled execution of DAIAgent have to be equal to or shorter than the interval at which a report is scheduled to be delivered?

My impression of how this works is that DAIAgent is not itself a scheduler for an event within DAI. Rather each time Windows executes DAIAgent, the agent checks for scheduled reports in DAI and sends them as needed.

Is my understanding correct?
Thanks,
Bob
Bob Cergol

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:58 pm

No that can't be right because the greatest frequency Windows would allow me to schedule execution of a task is daily. So now I'm wondering if executing it daily -- without stopping the task will cause a problem, etc.

I'm a tad paranoid because I'm experimenting with this on a live server.
Bob Cergol

Postby admin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi Bob,

Your understanding is correct.

If you schedule the agent in windows scheduler, for 1 execution every hour, and set the schedule in Dynamic to send you the report every 15 minutes, you will only get it once every hour. And you will just get one - not 4.

At each agent execution, due (and overdue) tasks are processed and the next-execution time is moved relative to the actual execution time. (eg. if task is scheduled for 7am and every hour - and the agent runs at 9am, then the next excution time will be set to 10am -not 8 am)

Hope that makes sense - otherwise i'd be happy to overcomplicate this further :wink:

Best regards

Bo

PS. just saw your updated message... Windows scheduler will allow you to schedule every 1 minute - but you need to enter the advanced scheduling options.
admin

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks Mikkel,
I found it and set it to run every day, every hour, for 12 hours each day between 6:45 a.m. and 6:45 p.m.
At this time I've just scheduled 1 report at 7:00 a.m. to pique some interest in the information DAI can deliver.
Let me know if the overhead of running this is anything but trivial -- as I suspect it is.
Bob
Bob Cergol

Return to Technical Support