Run-As another user feature

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Run-As another user feature

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:53 pm

There are 3 entries about this feature in the documentation but none reveals how to actually do it.

I have the option checked on the system security tab, but I just cannt find a menu option, button, or other object that allows me to "run as" another user.

How do I do this?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: Run-As another user feature

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:58 pm

You do it from the User-Profile (click the username on the lower right corner of task bar).

Type in the userID and Save the profile.

runas.jpg
runas.jpg (61.91 KiB) Viewed 5819 times

Log entries will include the original UserID as well as the new run-as.

You need to have User maintenance rights to be able to "run as".

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Postby Bob Cergol » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Carsten,

Is it possible that the "run-as" feature is not decrementing the active user session counter when logging out?

I've been using the feature to test and just now got a "concurrent user limit exceeded" error.

I am the only user who knows how to access the trial system and I have only one browser session going.
(That's exactly what's happening. I just checked the active sessions log. My user name "RCergol" shows active sessions of 6. All other users show 0.)

Am I going to have to do an IISReset to reset the active session user counter?

Bob
Bob Cergol

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi Bob,

We actually do not count the user that is changed to with the RUN AS. I.e. the number of concurrent users stay the same after you switch. However you correctly point out that the original userID - if you don't switch back again (which you in most cases can't because the user you switch to will have less rights) - then you will first get the correct active sessions after a restart. As the Dynamic AI server is very stabile - this is a problem that we need to fix. Which I have done now.

The alert that you see about exceeded number of concurrent users - is a warning - not something that prevent you from working with the system or login.

Thanks again for pointing out an important issue!

best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Return to Technical Support