Jet Database Index Maintenance?

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Jet Database Index Maintenance?

Postby Bob Cergol » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Is it possible for the repository to become corrupted?

I'm experiencing some flaky behaviors today in trying to test roles. I had previously and successfully tried this feature when working just on my laptop. I thought maybe an IISReset might be required and so did that without bothering to log out myself and the other user account I was using for the roles testing.

Now I'm having a problem where fields defined in a dynamic view are not showing up in the available fields in report list design tab. All the expected fields show up when editing the view, maintaining the dictionary etc.

One of my global SQL variables was generating a SQL error when running the report. I copied and pasted its definition into a plus column without modification and it worked. I put both fields in the report and they both worked.

Also after adding fields to the detail tab, saving, running the report and seeing those fields. Running the same report under a different user account I am seeing different fields!

Here's how I'm working. I do my development in Firefox tab with an IE rendering engine. Then I use IE to log in with the other user name. I'm doing it this way because I found if I opened up another tab page in Firefox for DAI it would automatically log me in with the user from the other Firefox session.

Its as if there are two versions of the report being cached and my the IE browser session is not using the one I am saving with Firefox. It may just be that I need to get away from the keyboard and go for a walk! :)
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: Jet Database Index Maintenance?

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Bob,

Don't think you have a corrupted repository - we never had in 10+ years.

When you are in Design you have a local in-session version copy of that report. As from what I can understand on your description - you might very well see different cashed versions. In order not to ask the DB for available fields every time you change a tab in Design or make preview updates - the available fields are retrieved once per user session per report. You can enforce a refresh by pressing update and get back into Design again. That should give you the latest version from the view.

Please let me know whether that works in your case - in order to conclude that it is caused by the intended caching?

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support