Understanding AI drill down behavior

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Understanding AI drill down behavior

Postby Bob Cergol » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:00 am

No doubt after I study the full manual over the Christmas vacation I'll know the answer to this.

I'm confused by drill down behavior -- or lack thereof -- after applying the "AI" function to a report.

AI_1 shows an inital application of "AI" to a report.

AI_2 shows the "by year/month" merged with "planner"

AI_3 shows what happens when I click on planner "DAW" (no relation to Data Access Worldwide :) )

I'm expecting the same sort of drill down I would get if I were to click on a planner before merging the two reports. I don't understand what it is trying to do that results in "more than 60 columns in pivot table". And I can't find how to "change from column group to row group" at that point.

Lastly -- and probably should be in a separate topic/post -- if I open one of the "AI" generated reports in a separate window and attempt to drill down, the drill down does not occur in that window. It occurs in a split screen in the originating window. Initially I thought it didn't work, but then I navigated back to the other window. This same behavior occurs from dashboards and I think users might get a bit confused by that and require a bit extra training to understand that behavior.

Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: Understanding AI drill down behavior

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:12 am

Hi Bob,

We'll look into the drill-down from a new window issue - I agree to your conclusion that it is not smart.

Regarding the 60 column limitation situation in the AI dashboard. I think it has something to do with the ENTERED column being part of the listing before the merge. We'll try re-creating the issue and get back to you.

best regards
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:58 am

Hi Bob,

Regarding drill-down from dashboards (package dashboards) and AI dashboards after opening in a New window using the report drop-down options to the left of the reports in the menu:

I'm impressed that you found this!

I could reproduce and find the reason for the behavior. It is now corrected and will be available in the next build/release.

Thanks a lot for letting us know!

We'll get back with the AI issue.

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:20 am

Hi Bob,

We were able to recreate an issue similar to your situation having a grouped date (with functions applied) on the initial listing before using AI.

I believe it is fixed and will be available with next build.

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Return to Technical Support