Can't delete objects from Dashboard Design Layout page

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Can't delete objects from Dashboard Design Layout page

Postby Bob Cergol » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:55 pm

I am not able to delete any object that I place on the layout page when designing a dashboard.

The navigation hints at the bottom of the screen say: "mouse over + del", but whether I hover the mouse cursor over the object and/or click to select it, pressing the "del" key does nothing. Also right clicking does nothing. If I right click in the ojbect section that allows you to select, resize and move the object, a panel opens with a title bar of "options - web page dialog" and a message of "no options available.

What am I missing? I know there has to be a way to remove objects from the page.

Thanks.
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: Can't delete objects from Dashboard Design Layout page

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:57 am

Hi Bob,

You are right that you should use the combination "Mouse hover + Delete" button. I just re-tested and agree that something seems wrong initially when trying. I tried again - and that seemed to do the trick. However I agree that something seems wrong at first. It might be related to the focus of the cursor. I.e. if you hover a INPUT field that has the focus - then the code that should remove the focus seems inactive currently.

We will re-view the code behind the method and combine with an additional option to delete objects in a future release. Please give it another try after moving/grabbing - maybe another object - first.

Thanks for letting us know!

Best regards
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen

Re: Can't delete objects from Dashboard Design Layout page

Postby Bob Cergol » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:04 pm

I tried harder this time and discovered that clicking once on the object to make sure it has the focus, followed by a <ctrl> + <del> consistently works. Using only the <del> key doesn't work for me.
Thanks for triggering my stubborn streak, i.e. that's when I don't accep "no" for an answer from the computer. :mrgreen:
Bob
Bob Cergol

Return to Technical Support