Problem with filter

Technical support

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

Problem with filter

Postby gsrai31 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 am

I am using a "select" filter on 4 columns. 3 filters work fine but one of the filters will not work. It picks up some text values from the first column in the table. But when i select different values from the dropdown, nothing gets filtered. All setting under List Options> Filters are same as other filter that work properly. Can someone please help and tell me what I could be doing wrong. Thanks GS
gsrai31

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:48 am

It's not a known problem.

Is there anything special about the values of the SELECT filter - like some special characters or something?

You are welcome to send me a screen-shot or the HTML view source of the report (depending on whether it is sensitive data - you have to judge). Or just additional info.

You can send directly to cs@cintac.com

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Problem with filter

Postby gsrai31 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi Carsten, Thanks for you reply to my issue.
I have emailed you some screeshots as you have suggested. Hope to here from you soon. Many thanks again. GS Rai
gsrai31

Postby Carsten Sørensen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:33 am

The issue (+ in column name) has been resolved with a bugfix - will be available from version 6.3.18 shortly.

Workaround is to create a "+Column" in Dynamic AI - where an extra column is added to the datasource (only virtually during report execution) - with a name without the + sign. Use the new column for the SELECT filter.

Thanks for letting us know!

Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten Sørensen
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Return to Technical Support