emailing a report doesnt pick up default date

General discussions

Moderators: Bob Cergol, Data Access, Cintac

emailing a report doesnt pick up default date

Postby robinsonky » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:35 pm

I've a fairly simple report of items out of stock that I want to send to a vendor daily. The filters are on vendor name, date and on a status field.
If I run it in the DAI 'studio' I get today. If I send it as an email it picks up the vendor and status correctly but uses the oldest date on file.
I've changed the date to a datetime without improvement. wassappenin?
robinsonky

Re: emailing a report doesnt pick up default date

Postby Bob Cergol » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Hello Dave,

If you'll email me the report documentation I'll have a look.

I know this works as its something I've used extensively from the beginning and through all builds of Dynamic AI since 2009. I've used this as a default value on a filter, as a condition and in Dynamic SQL views.

I also know that the new SQL 2008 data type of plain "Date" is only recognized by Dynamic AI as text and so it doesn't offer data functions against the column. (All date data in your data sources should be, or converted to standard SQL DateTime data type. Maybe Dynamic AI needs to changed to recognize this new, "non-standard" date type)

The other possibility is that if you are scheduling this as an email with ownership of that schedule by a user other than yourself (in order to apply an enforced filter) maybe that user's default date format needs to be changed from default to something else, like mm/dd/yyyy, etc. The wrong date format applied to a date column Dynamic thinks is a string and not a date is not going to work anyway.

Send me the report doc.

Regards,
Bob
Bob Cergol
Certified Dynamic AI Professional

Re: emailing a report doesnt pick up default date

Postby robinsonky » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Bob,

I eventually remebered the issue we had discussed (in December?) about Date datatypes and changed the underlying database. Seems to work okay now. I have a follow up or two that I'll post separately.
robinsonky

Return to General discussions